2/26/12

Drat

Well, I think the latest treatment worked for a few weeks, but it's fairly clear that it was a very short reprieve, indeed.  The hip pain has been ratcheting up in the last two weeks, I'm losing appetite and weight fairly rapidly, and today has been very bad health-wise... pain, a feeling of the hip tumor being much more noticeable (larger), and fairly extreme weakness. 

The bad symptoms seem to be increasing very quickly, which is scary.  I'm grateful to have been able to see my granddaughter born, but I have to admit that I'd like to be around long enough for her to become more of an interacting human being (it's hard to interact with someone who seems determined to stay asleep during our entire time together...), I'd like to get to know her as a person.  It seems too much to ask to be here long enough for her to know and remember me, but still...

This  last few months have certainly been a roller coaster of ups and downs.  I can only hope that this is a temporary dip, and that it is possible that I have a few more ups left in me.  I will, of course, keep reporting as we go, but I must say it's been a very discouraging week.  Please send all the positive energy, prayers, etc. that you can - I need all the help I can get.

3 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Praying for you.May God hold you in the shadow of His wings.

BethE said...

Sending you big hugs, holding you in my heart and surrounding you in healing light/energy. Love you.

mrspao said...

Sending you big big hugs from over here. She is such a beautiful grand-daughter and I hope I get to meet her one day xx