5/1/12

Quiet Day

Both visual and mental focus extremely fuzzy today, and I fell asleep last night before taking my last dose of pain meds, so it's going to be a challenging day comfort-wise.

I've decided that I am going to have a Quiet Day, in hopes that it will minimize the pain and aggravation.  And in hopes that it will leave me in better shape to face tomorrow.

So today is dedicated to knitting and listening to historical documentaries on Netflix Streaming.  I'm going to avoid the phone, and doctors, and paper forms, and any other useful employments.

I know that there are tons of things that need to be decided and done, and that I already do not have the time and/or ability to get them all done before I shuffle off this mortal coil.  I know that taking 'time off' will mean getting even fewer of these things done.  I feel badly that this will inconvenience my loved ones at some point in the future - I feel badly that this will inconvenience ME in the not-too-distant future.  But the inconvenience is inevitable, so I might as well just accept that as a given.  What I can hope for is that giving myself a little island of calm today will give me a bit more energy to deal with all the Stuff I'll have to deal with tomorrow.

So that's the hope.  Wish me luck.  And a lack of phone calls. And success in my next expedition to the bathroom and kitchen (ironically my two big projects for the day involve fetching fluid to put into me so that I then have to do what is necessary to get fluid out of me).


5 comments:

Leslie said...

May a sea of calm surround you on this day of rest. May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Leslie

Delighted Hands said...

A day of quiet and rest will do you great.....

The Violet Hoarder said...

Sounds very wise, and just what you need. Set down the stone for one day, breathe deep, and refresh your spirit. Quiet is so restorative, and so hard to find these days! All my best...

Nancy K. said...

I hope your day was peaceful and that you have renewed strength for dealing with the tasks ahead.

I also want to say that I don't think it should be a big deal if you want to take a day, an hour or a WEEK just trying to relax! You should not feel guilty for what is not getting done. You are expending one hell of a lot of energy just trying to stay alive!

You're granddaughter comes from strong stock. ;-)

laurie said...

Please forgive if you end up with 2 comments from me (I think Google ate my first one). I hope your day was quiet and restful - I don't think anyone would begrudge you time spent that way instead of "getting things done."