This past couple weeks has been a waiting game, for the most part - waiting to see if we could get the financing set up for the new chemo. Evidently my insurance company is cheerfully willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars every month to have me get chemo by infusion, but won't spend less than a thousand per month for chemo I have to take orally. So I had to apply to various private charitable orgs in order to get funding. Funding that will work for this year (two months), but which will have to be applied for all over again in January, with no guarantee of approval.
Are we having fun yet?
So as of Friday, the funding is there for November and December, and the chemo (Xeloda) is on its way. I'll start on Monday, theoretically.
I have reservations. I've been having gastro-intestinal issues with the Gemzar, and the Xeloda is even more likely to cause issues there. And they have me on a fairly high dosage, which seems unwise given my history with chemo (and drugs in general). But we'll give it a shot, I guess - there aren't a lot of options available any more, so we've got to try what we can.
Wish me luck...