3/6/11

Retreat

Hopefully tomorrow I will be having my first Xgeva treatment, an acupuncture treatment, and then will be taking off for the Wisconsin Dells for most of the week.

Why the Wisconsin Dells?  Because that is where Breast Cancer Recovery has their retreat for women with metastatic breast cancer.  They hold these retreats at least twice a year, at the beautiful Sundara Inn & Spa, where they hold activities and talks specifically designed for the needs of stage 4 gals - and also spoil us shamelessly.

This spring we have women coming from all over the country - the retreat is so wonderful that it's worth a long bit of travel to get there.  The gals who run the retreat are fabulous, the accommodations are posh, the food is wonderful, and the spa folks are exceedingly kind and attentive.  If any of my dear readers qualify for this retreat and have not yet attended, I highly recommend that you sign up for the autumn retreat immediately.  I guarantee that you will come home refreshed, renewed, and relaxed.

Breast Cancer Recovery also holds recovery retreats for breast cancer survivors, retreats for women who are navigating their breast cancer journey without the support of a partner or significant other, and retreats specifically geared for younger gals (40 & under) who are dealing with this disease.  Descriptions of the various retreats and the opportunity to sign up can be found on the BCR website (see link above).

As you know, I could really use a bit of renewal right now.  I am very, very grateful to the BCR and Sundara folks who have given me this opportunity.  I only wish that you could be there with me!!

7 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Have a wonderful, resfreshing time!

The Violet Hoarder said...

I'm thrilled to hear this news from you. Thanks to the retreat sponsors from ALL of us for giving you the pampered break you deserve. Enjoy!

krex said...

You can't imagine how nice it is for me to imagine you in such a lovely setting being pampered :) Much nicer then some of the past images of what you are dealing with...hope the new treatment gives you some much deserved relief .

Nancy K. said...

The retreat sounds like exactly "what the doctor ordered"! I hope you have a marvelous time and come home with renewed energy.

Enjoy every minute ~ you deserve it!

timary said...

Enjoy! xoxoxo

Nancy K. said...

Hey Lady!
How was the retreat?

Thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

The retreat sounds fabulous. I think about a retreat from time to time, but I have wanted to hear from others who have had the experience. Can't wait to learn more from you. Love, donna peach